Hario Cold Brew Pot - Coffee & Tea Plunger
Brew cold brew coffee the easy way with the Hario Cold Brew Pot in 2 sizes, 600ml or 1L. Built with a heatproof Hario glass carafe and a BPA-Free plastic filter and lid, it doesn’t get much simpler that this.
Cold brew coffee is known for being smooth and sweet compared to hot brewed coffee. Cold water doesn’t extract as many acids and tannins, reducing in a low acidity and low bitterness in the final cup. You can use the concentrate to make iced coffee, hot coffee, or mixed drinks. The permanent mesh filter has 60 micron holes, too small to allow coffee grounds to enter your final brew. It’s easy to clean and should last a lifetime.
Here’s a brief recipe:
- Coarsely grind 40g of coffee into the mesh filter for 600ml or 80g for 1L.
- Add 600ml or 1L of cold, clean water to the pot.
- Let it steep for 12-18 hours in the fridge.
- Take out the filter and store the concentrate in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- Mix the concentrate with cold water and ice for iced coffee, hot water for hot coffee, or mixers and a spirit for a coffee-cocktail.
Hario Cold Brew Pot 1L
- Low Acidity, Low Bitterness – Brewing coffee with cold water produces lower acidity and bitterness levels, resulting in a sweet and smooth coffee beverage.
- Simple To Use – Just combine coffee and water, let it steep, then pour it through the filter.
- Permanent Filter – The 60 micron mesh filter keeps coffee grounds out of your concentrate, is easy to clean, and is built to last
- Cold Brew Coffee On Demand – Cold brew concentrate keeps for up to two week in the fridge, giving you the ability to make a drink on demand.
Hario Cold Brew Guide