Last Updated 15 July 2020
1. INFORMATION COLLECTION
There are several ways we may obtain information about you: Information You Provide To Us When you use the THIEVES Services, we may ask you to provide certain personal information to obtain our products or use our services. For example, we may ask for information when you register to create an account, update your information, sign up for a membership or subscription, use certain features, access, upload or download content, purchase products or services, enter into sweepstakes or other promotions, register or participate in a competition, fill out a survey, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us.
We (or our service providers or business partners) may collect information that relates to you, including personal information, such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, phone number, mailing address, date of birth, gender, and demographic information.
Information You Provide When You Participate in an Online Survey or Other Research. We may also collect information you provide us in connection with participating in an online survey or as a research panel participant. This may include, but may not be limited to, information about your shopping habits, lifestyle preferences, interests and hobbies, health, physical or behavioral characteristics, or other demographic information, as well as photos, videos, and other user-generated content.
Information You Provide When You Make a Purchase. If you make a purchase from us, you will be required to provide a credit/debit card number and related financial information (such as CVV, expiration date, billing address, and phone number), or other payment information (such as via PayPal or Apple Pay), depending on the form of payment you choose and we offer.
Information You Provide Through Social Media. You may also be given the option to link to your Facebook or other social media accounts through the THIEVES Services. When you do, we may automatically receive certain information from you based upon your privacy settings on those sites. This may include, but may not be limited to, name, user name, demographic information, updated address or contact information, location, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and online activity.
Information Collected Automatically
For example, we may automatically or passively collect certain information from you, including your browser type, mobile device manufacturer, mobile carrier, phone number, operating system, activations, content, products or services you purchase or access, the page served and the preceding page views or websites visited, any mobile device activity and configurations, and email client. We may also automatically collect information about your use of the THIEVES Services, including the date and time you visit the THIEVES Services, use or click through to any of the THIEVES Services, the areas or pages of the THIEVES Services that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the THIEVES Services, the number of times you return to the THIEVES Services, other click-stream or site usage data, emails that you open, forward or click-through to our THIEVES Services, and other sites that you may visit.
Device Information. We may automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for the computer, mobile device, tablet or other device (collectively, “Device”) you use to access the THIEVES Services, including the hardware model and mobile network information. We may use a Device Identifier to, among other things, provide the THIEVES Services, help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze trends, track users’ web page, email and mobile application movements/activities, help identify or gather broad demographic information for aggregate use, and retarget online and mobile advertisements to you across computers or devices you may use.
Geolocation Information: We may collect information about the location of your Device when you access or use the THIEVES Services. In addition, if you choose to turn on your Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or other geolocation functionality when you use our mobile applications, we may collect and use your geolocation information.
Third Party Service Providers. We may use third party service providers to support the THIEVES Services. Some of these service providers may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, or other technologies to receive, collect, and store information on our behalf.
To learn more about your advertising choices relating to the collection and use of your information, please see the Your Choices section below.
Information Received from Other Third Parties We may obtain information about you from other trusted third party sources to update or supplement the information that you provide or that we collect automatically. This includes, for example, information from public databases or data aggregators that may include your demographic information, media consumption, previous purchases, shopping habits, loyalty program information or lifestyle preferences. We may also receive information about you from our partners and service providers, (including, for example, business partners, analytics vendors, advertising networks and search information providers). We may use this information to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, personalize your experience with the THIEVES Services, target our communications so that we can inform you of products and services or other offers that may be of interest to you, to measure ad quality and responses, and and for internal business analysis or other business purposes.
Combination of Information
2. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We may use the information about you for a variety of business purposes, including for example:
For Customer Service and Transactional Purposes, such as to:
- respond to your questions or requests and provide customer service;
- manage your account and registration;
- troubleshoot issues, bugs or defects related to your account or activities;
- provide you with access to certain features of the THIEVES Services;
- validate, confirm, verify, deliver, and track your order (including to arrange for shipping, handle returns and refunds, and contact you about your orders, including by telephone), and send you related information, coupons, products or samples;
- verify your identity or communicate with you about your activities with respect to the THIEVES Services;
- to use and disclose your credit, debit or payment card or other financial information only to process payments and prevent fraud;
- contact you with regard to your use of the THIEVES Services and, in our discretion, changes to any THIEVES policy;
- develop new products or services and to enhance current products and services;
- protect the security or integrity of the THIEVES Services and our business, such as by protecting against and preventing fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and managing risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users; and
- for other purposes as disclosed at the time you provide your personal information or otherwise with your consent.
For Advertising Customization and Analytics Purposes, such as to:
- perform market research, understand the effectiveness of our competition or promotions and THIEVES Services analytics and operations;
- personalize and improve the THIEVES Services and our products, services, offers and advertising made available on or outside the THIEVES Services (including on other sites/ applications that you visit). For example, we may provide personalized or localized content, recommendations, features, and provide content or features that match your interests and preferences;
- provide you with customized content, advertisements, offers and promotions offered by THIEVES or on behalf of our partners and affiliates, and provide news and other information we think will be of interest to you on the THIEVES Services, in emails and across third-party websites;
- link or combine with information we receive from others to help understand your needs, use for interest-based or targeted advertising or re-targeting on your computers or other devices, and to provide you with better service; and
- communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners (e.g., through Facebook Custom Audience, Google Customer Match, Instagram Audiences, or other similar services) for THIEVES marketing and promotional purposes via emails, notifications, or other messages, consistent with any permissions you may have communicated to us.
3. SHARING OF INFORMATION
The information collected or generated through your use of the THIEVES Services may be shared by you or by us as described below.
Sharing of Information by You
The THIEVES Services offer many ways to find, enjoy, and share content. Your activity in connection with the THIEVES Services, such as filling out surveys, reviewing and rating products, inquiring about or purchasing products, participation in online communities, “liking” or “sharing” THIEVES content to your social media accounts or pages or otherwise interacting with the THIEVES Services, may be visible to other users of the THIEVES Services and in some cases, publicly available.
Sharing of Information by Us
4. YOUR CHOICES AND OPT-OUT
Cookies, Tracking Options and Do Not Track Disclosures: Certain parts of the THIEVES Services require cookies. You are free to set your browser or operating system settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features through the THIEVES Services or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your Web browser’s or operating system’s website or “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your browser or operating system from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences. On your mobile device, you may also adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising.
Consent to Receive Communications: unless otherwise indicated by you using the process described below, by using THEIVES services or purchasing products from us, you consent to receiving information for marketing or other commercial purposes from us or our affiliates. Access and Updates to Your Information: If you wish to verify, correct, or update any of your personal information, you may visit your Account Page (https://thieves.com/your-account) or contact us at the address or e-mail in the “Contact Us” section below.
Unsubscribing from Communications by Us: We provide our customers with the opportunity to update their information or opt-out of having their information used for purposes not directly related to placement, processing, fulfillment, or delivery of a product order or servicing of your product. To opt-out of marketing communications, you may:
- Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact us by mail at Thieves, 150 Cecil St, Fitzroy, Victoria 3065.
- Unsubscribe from our marketing email communications at any time by unsubscribing or following the instructions contained within the email.
5. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not direct the THIEVES Services to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under the age of thirteen. If THIEVES learns that a child under the age of thirteen has provided personally identifiable information through the THIEVES Services, we will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from our files.
6. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION.
7. OTHER SITES
The THIEVES Services may contain links to other sites that we do not own or operate. This includes links from service providers, fulfillment companies, advertisers, sponsors, or other business partners that may use our logo(s) as part of a co-branding agreement. We are not responsible for these sites or their content, products, services or privacy policies or practices. These other web sites may send their own cookies to your Device, they may independently collect data or solicit personal information and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. You should also independently assess the authenticity of any site which appears or claims that it is one of the THIEVES Services (including those linked to through an email or social networking page).
8. CONSENT TO PROCESSING & INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS.
THIEVES is a global business and it, or its service providers, may process, transfer and store information about our users on servers located in a number of countries, including the United States. As a result, your personal information may be subject to data protection and other laws that may differ from your country of residence. Your personal information may be disclosed in response to inquiries or requests from government authorities or to respond to judicial processes in the countries in which we operate. By using the THIEVES Services, or by providing us with any information, you consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as, or equivalent to, those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.
9. CHANGES & OTHER THIEVES PRIVACY POLICIES
10. CONTACT US / COMPLAINTS
Attn: Member Services/Privacy Officer
Address: 69-71 Rupert St, Collingwood, VIC 3066.
Alternatively, please go to thieves.com, and click on the Contact US link. We will consider your complaint and determine whether it requires further investigation. We will notify you of the outcome of this investigation and any subsequent internal investigation.